Maritime Data Systems develops tracking, routing and platform solutions for the maritime community. For this purpose we develop sophisticated algorithms and make use of the newest big data technologies.
Data is at the core of the culture and the products we develop at Maritime Data Systems. It serves all of our applications. We are developing the next generation of algorithms for the maritime industry and are looking for a motivated full stack engineer to join our dynamic team.
- Strong programming skills, at least in one of the following languages: Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data pipelines and scientific libraries.
- Experience with front end development, HTML, JS, CSS, NodeJs.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, GitFlow and Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience with Agile and comfortable working in a lean start-up environment.
- High Standards for code quality, maintainability, testing and performance.
- Good level of English, spoken and written.
- Masters or advanced degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
- Proven track record of (open source) projects.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to Hamburg.
- Work in a dynamic, agile and international team.
- The latest machine learning frameworks and web technologies.
- Opportunity to create, develop and promote open source projects.
- Opportunities to navigate the Hamburg startup and maritime ecosystem.
- Frequent company hackathons and team building events.
- Central modern office located directly on Hamburg’s Alster Lake.
- Fitness program, SUP / Windsurfing / Kitesurfing opportunities.